Gladstone Security Alarm Permit General Information
Listed here is an overview of selected ordinance requirements:
- Every alarm user is required to obtain a City of Gladstone Alarm User Permit for each alarm system.
- Each alarm permit is good for one year from date of issue.
- Alarm permits are issued for a specific location and are not transferrable to another location or person.
- The alarm user must update the alarm coordinator of changes to information found on the permit application.
- The alarm permit shall be physically displayed in a location on the alarmed premises that is clearly visible for inspection purposes.
- The alarm permit fees and penalties are established by City Council resolution; fees are listed in chart below.
Alarm permit fee schedule:
|Initial alarm permit or annual renewal||$25.00|
|Late penalty – applied 30 days after expiration date for renewal or initial alarm system installation||$25.00|
|First false alarm (within permit year)||No charge|
|Second false alarm (within permit year)||$50.00|
|Third false alarm (within permit year)||$100.00|
|Fourth and each subsequent false alarm (within permit year)||$150.00|
|Failure to obtain an alarm permit||$90.00|
Mail completed application and payment to: Gladstone Police Department
Attn: Alarm Coordinator
535 Portland Ave
Gladstone, OR 97027
Payments accepted via check or money order made payable to Gladstone Police Department.
Please contact Maria Aikin at the Gladstone Police Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 503-557-2798.