Frequently Asked Questions

1. Where is the Gladstone Police Department located?
We are located at 535 Portland Avenue in downtown Gladstone.  We are next door to the Gladstone Fire Department and share a building with Gladstone City Hall.

2. How do I get a copy of a police report?
Call our customer service business line 503 557 2760. Please have the case number and name listed on the report. There will be a service fee charged. To download a copy of the fee schedule and records request form, simply click here.

3. Can the police open my car if I have locked my keys inside?
Liability reasons will not allow us to open car doors. Your local lock shop or automobile towing service may provide those services. We will respond if a person or animal is locked inside.

4. What if I have a question about the status of my Gladstone court case or citation?
Contact the municipal court clerk at 503-557-2772 or 503-557-2791, or send an e-mail to

5. Where do I pay my traffic citation?
Contact the municipal court clerk’s office 503 557 2772.

6. If I want to call the police to report a crime or if I just want to talk to an officer, do I call 9-1-1?
For crimes in progress call 9-1-1. For all other matters call our non-emergency business line at 503 655 8211.

7. If I have property that had been stolen and was recovered, who do I contact to obtain my property?
Call the Property room 503 557 2763 or email

8. What is the law regarding reporting a vehicle accident in Oregon?
The law requires that all accidents over $1500 in property or resulting in any injury be reported to the local police agency. Report forms are available at any DMV office, any law enforcement agency and at the Gladstone Customer Service Center and can be turned into your local DMV office.

9. If the police department has impounded my vehicle, what do I need to do to get it out of impound?
You will need proof of insurance, a current vehicle registration or title, and pay an impound fee. For more information call the Gladstone Customer Service Center 503 557 2760.

10. How do I find out if someone is in jail?
Please call the following county jail phone numbers:
Multnomah County Jail 503 988 3136
Clackamas County Jail 503 655 8331
Washington County Jail 503 846 2700
Clackamas County Inmate Roster: View


11. I would like to have an officer stand-by while I get some of my property. How can I do this?
Oregon law is very specific about this type of request. Police Officers can perform this “civil stand-by” for up to 20-minutes. Please call 503 655 8211 and talk to the on-duty sergeant for details.

12. I need to get my fingerprints taken. Will the police department do this?
The Gladstone Police Department does not take fingerprints. Members of the public who request fingerprinting services should contact the Sheriff’s Office at the Public Safety Training Center (503 353 4649). See the “Fingerprinting” link on our links page for cost, address, etc.

13. Do I need an Alarm Permit?
Currently alarm permits are not required within the City of Gladstone. For more information, please call Sergeant Lawrence 503 557 2792.
Alarm permits will be required in the near future.  Details of how the permit program will be implemented are in development.  When the alarm permits program goes “live”, information will be available on this website and will be announced in the city newsletter.