Welcome Message from Chief Jim Pryde:
Hello, and on behalf of the Gladstone Police Department, thank you for visiting our web page.
I am honored to serve as the Police Chief of this great police department. We strive to be a
leader in law enforcement by providing continuous and innovative service for all, working in
partnership with our community to solve crime problems.
Policing the Gladstone way is driven by the Public Policy on Policing, which was developed
by the City Council, the Gladstone community, and GPD staff
(click here to view the Public Policy on Policing).
An important part of the success of our service is achieved by maintaining our standards
and ethics through commitment to our core values of honesty, integrity, open communication,
accountability, responsibility, professionalism, respect, leadership, teamwork, and compassion.
We provide the following law enforcement services:
- Patrol - crime reporting
- K-9 unit - a "force multiplier" to augment and assist officers
- Traffic - enforcement, accident reports, investigations
- Detective - criminal investigations
- Police Records - request copies of police & traffic accident reports
- School Resource Officer - assigned to the Gladstone School District
- Municipal Ordinance Specialist - regulation of city code compliance & community livability
- Reserve Police Officers - supplement patrol for special functions
- Bicycle Patrol - seasonal
- Volunteers - community members performing a variety of administrative tasks
We are committed to the safety and well-being of our community and work hard to maintain
the livability of our city while enforcing state, county and city laws. We always do our
very best to exceed your expectations and to serve with humility. If I can be of service,
please contact me at .
Chief Jim Pryde